"For" or "Since"
Decide what the answer should be, then click on the answer button and you will be able to see the hidden answer.
Make sentences using "for" or "since".
How long have you worked at the bank? (two years)
I have worked at the bank for two years.
How long have you been married? (1996)
I have been married since 1996.
Copyright (C) 1997 by
- How long have you lived in the United States? (one year)
- How long has Mary been a nurse? (April)
- How long has Karen known Tom? (1979)
- How long have they studied English? (a few months)
- How long has Karen played tennis? (a long time)
- How long has he worn glasses? (1975)
- How long has Emily played the piano? (high school)
- How long will you be on vacation? (three weeks)
- How long have you driven a car? (my birthday)
- How long has Ron had his new computer? (last month)
- How long has she owned the book shop? (ten years)
- How long has Gary played football? (several years)
- How long have your friends been in town? (Monday)
- How long has Mrs. Smith lived on Clark Street? (many years)
- How long has the post office been closed. (five o’clock)
This quiz is part of the HTML-Only Self-Study Quizzes which is part of Activities for ESL Students, a project by The Internet TESL Journal.