State of Pennsylvania
Click the answer button to see the correct answer.
Copyright (C) 1997 by Barbara Donnelly (BadRmd@aol.com)
- Harrisburg ___ as the capital of Pennsylvania in 1812.
b. was chosen
- Pennsylvania ___ as the Keystone State.
a. is known
b. is knowing
c. has known
- The state animal ___ the ruffed grouse.
- Pennsylvania ___ into 67 parts called counties.
a. is divided
- On December 12, 1787, Pennsylvania became the ___ state of the union.
- William Penn was required ___ two bear skins every year to King Charles II for the land of Pennsylvania.
c. to pay
- The city of Pittsburgh is best known for ___ steel.
a. is making
c. did make
- One of the worst disasters of the United States was a flood that occured in the city of Johnstown ___ 1889.
- Mount Davis is 3,213 feet above sea level which makes it the ___
point in Pennsylvania.
- Erie is the northernmost city ___ Pennsylvania.
This quiz is part of the HTML-Only Self-Study Quizzes which is part of Activities for ESL Students, a project by The Internet TESL Journal.